While I was goofing off in Pompano Beach Thursday, Jim had a Wells Fargo phone interview. On Friday he was offered the position as Mortgage Underwriter. He accepted! He starts January 11th. Where? Charlotte, NC here we come. So here’s the time line:
- 12-10-09 Thursday: We’re going to Charlotte with the dog in the BMW. We’ll look for a house/condo to rent. We’ll check out the area. We’ll leave the BMW there, rent a car and drive back. When we leave Florida we’ll only have to drive the motorhome with the Jeep in tow.
- 12-17-09 Thursday: Back to Florida to take care of truck loading. See below.
- 12-18-09 Friday: This weekend we will unload all 4 of our storage units into ABF trailer units. These will be trucked to Charlotte shortly after Christmas.
- 12-25-09 Friday: Merry Christmas!
- 12-28-09 Monday: We hit the road for Charlotte, NC. AND our time at the RV park expires.
Jim leaked the news onto Facebook. My mom has been ill lately and I hadn’t the opportunity to talk to her. I didn’t want to blog about it until she was aware. She’s aware. She’s OK right now.
I have mixed emotions. I’m excited. I’m nervous – scared. I’m sad. I’m definitely trying to keep upbeat. I’ve already started crying while talking to my friend Tim. I had to hand the damn phone to Jim. I got choked up.
Jim worked his part-time, temporary job today for a few hours to finish up on a project. What a short job it was for him. While he was at work I cashed in our loose change. $63.00 worth. I also returned a pair of new sneakers that were coming apart, gassed up the car, and did laundry. When he got home we took the BMW in for alignment, wheel balance and oil change.
Later in the evening, as anal retentive as Jim is, he got out the suitcases and arranged them in the BMW to find the maximum amount and pieces of luggage we can bring for the trip. I poke fun at it but ya know something, it was a smart move.