7-11-09 Saturday (Drinkin’, Gamblin’, Boobies)

Welcome back! Today’s adventure starts with a bus tour, the Super City Bus Tour to be more specific. By the way, all the boat rides, bus tours and walking tours have been 2 for 1 with our Entertainment.com coupons. Here’s what the tour website says:

Travel Through Three Centuries of history, legends and romance as you encounter "The City That Care Forgot!"


Absorb the sights & sounds of the world famous French Quarter and historic Jackson Square, home of the Cabildo and Presbytere Museums.

Visit one of our historic cemeteries, referred to as "Cities of the Dead," and learn about this unique above ground burial system.

Marvel at stories of voodoo and piracy on Bayou St. John, the waterway used by Jean Lafitte and his band of pirates, as we make our way to the shores of Lake Pontchartrain. View the longest bridge over water in the world, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.

Follow the path of the St. Charles Avenue streetcar, the oldest continuously operating passenger railway system in the world (until service was disrupted by Hurricane Katrina).

See the homes of former Kings & Queens of Mardi Gras, stately mansions and the world-famous, exclusive Garden District.

View Tulane and Loyola Universities across from Audubon Park, home to one of the top five zoos in the nation, The Audubon Zoo.

Includes cemetery stop and narrated motorcoach tour.

2009-07-11 LA 01

Above: We boarded the bus at the same place where we departed for the river cruise.

2009-07-11 LA 07 2009-07-11 LA 08 2009-07-11 LA 10 2009-07-11 LA 12

Above: Terry works on going to hell.

2009-07-11 LA 13 2009-07-11 LA 14

Above: Now we work on going to hell. This Faget provides a bench to sit in front of his crypt.

2009-07-11 LA 22 2009-07-11 LA 27

Above: Katrina damaged home. I have more from the next day’s Katrina tour. Look below the address numbers and follow the horizontal orange line. That’s the water line! I have tons of photos but I’ll spare you.

2009-07-11 LA 30 2009-07-11 LA 45 2009-07-11 LA 46

Above: Mardi Gras beads in every tree on this parade route street!

2009-07-11 LA 48

Above: After the city tour, we elected the Harrah’s drop off point. We waited outside the door since we were all over 21. Finally, we asked an employee if there was a separate entrance for men of our age. They permitted us to use this entrance! How nice!

2009-07-11 LA 51

Above: We showed Terry how to operate the new fangled slot machines. I played a few rounds of Roulette and lost. Other than that we watched Terry have fun with the slots.

2009-07-11 LA 54

Above: I had Mardi Gras Fettuccine which had shrimp and crawfish. The food in this town rocks! Jim had stuffed tuna.

2009-07-11 LA 52

2009-07-11 LA 56

Above: Bourbon Street. Terry tells us to wait for him.

2009-07-11 LA 57

Above: Terry, trying to pose?

2009-07-11 LA 58

Above: People, leave the kids at home! Bourbon Street and Vegas are 2 places that should be adults only.

2009-07-11 LA 59

Above: With a little alcohol in my system, I tried hitting on the machine. I got no response.

2009-07-11 LA 60

Above: This lady was spotted all around. She looked and walked like a zombie. She sold roses.

2009-07-11 LA 62

Above: You know… chicken and New Orleans. They go together, right?

2009-07-11 LA 65

Above: Of course we ate them. They were similar to Elephant Ears.

2009-07-11 LA 64

Above: I forgot to take a before photo. The pile of powered sugar is ridiculous.

2009-07-11 LA 67

Above/Below: Painted boobies.

2009-07-11 LA 68 2009-07-11 LA 69

Above: The funny thing is there was a Swinger’s convention in town. Also a Leather convention, amongst other groups.

2009-07-11 LA 70

Above: “Hey, I need to run an extension cord out the window.” “Oh, just break the glass and pull it through".”

We said goodbye to Terry tonight. We had an awesome time! Terry, we’ll see you in Florida! Yee-Haw!

6 comments:

  1. It kills me- people get all in a tizzy when a mom nurses in public and is showing hardly any actualy skin... but you don't hear much about topless women in the streets of NO!! Ha!!

    I took some pics just for you on our trip- I'll hopefully get them loaded from the camera tonight.

    Oh- the cemetery pics had me cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jim and Garrett--

    I've been reading your blog off and on for the past several months since I fancy myself a bit of a traveler myself... Had to laugh when I saw the caption of your photo called "Leave the Kids at Home". Chuckle. I spent a weekend in New Orleans several years ago and I TOTALLY agree. Have to say the same about our recent visit to Provincetown, MA, also. I've been there several times but for some reason my memory never sticks. I remember: coastal village, artist colony, whale watches, but not...the clientele...okay for the 18-year-old, but had to do a lot of explaining to the small-town-12-year old. Chuckle. It does take all kinds to make a world... We blogged our recent travels...let me know if you're interested in reading about "The Cleavers Go to Cape Cod"...

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no you and Jim DIT'ENT sit under a tombstone engraved with the name "Faget!" LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

    You two are mental. No, really, you are. Trust me. I know... I've got experience in these matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: The boobie girls were gross. Ickipoo. Blecch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KPCL Girl: Yeah, where are they?

    Liz: I look forward to seeing them.

    Alix: Yes we did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I was intriqued by the painted boobies. I was actually happy all the pictures you took were of real boobies, I like them much better. Anyway, Oh yeah, Terry "poses" like Jim does...Or I guess Jim "poses" like Terry does. Well, I knew you would correct me Garret. Have fun, See you soon.

    ReplyDelete